Latest posts by Big Binge Media (see all)
- Home remedies for flawless skin - September 29, 2018
- Trailer launch of ‘Baazaar’ at Bombay Stock Exchange - September 25, 2018
- Indian hockey team shoots for ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ - September 25, 2018
Women in positions of power and prominence have always attracted a fan base trying to emulate their style. Experts have decoded three beauty looks sported by Oprah Winfrey, Priyanka Chopra and Michelle Obama ahead of International Women’s Day.
Beauty has had a huge influence on women, boosting their confidence and letting them express themselves creatively. In the spirit of celebrating women, Sushma Khan, National Creative Director, Make-up, Lakme Salon and TIGI Educator, Audrey D’Souza, have decoded the looks of the three celebrities who have excelled in their individual spaces.
01) Oprah Winfrey:
- Apply an airbrush HD foundation and contour the face to sharpen your features.
- Colour correct flaws and stress points.
- Opt for a beige lip liner and fill it in with a copper lip colour.
- Accentuate the eyes with a black liner and glue individual lashes at the outer corner of the lash line to achieve natural curls. Apply a thin line of kohl on the lower eyelid and blend it with reddish dark brown shadow to smoke up the eyes a bit.
- Define the brows with a dark brown brow shadow matching to the hair colour, apply brow gel to set the colour and add definition.
- Finish it with a mascara.
- Cleanse your mane with a recovery shampoo and conditioner which removes pollutants, sweat and any build-up to reveal the super reflective shine.
- Gently apply a dollop of smoothening cream on wet hair to smoothen and soften the mane.
- Use a blow dryer attached with a diffuser on medium heat to dry the hair.
- Apply a coin-sized amount of shine mousse for that brilliant shine and glossy hair.
- Spray a hard holding spray to achieve a long-lasting style.
02) Priyanka Chopra:
- To get smooth, even coverage and a flawlessly complete look, use airbrush HD foundation and concealer.
- Use a good primer. Primers prevent shine, even out your skin tone and diffuse imperfections.
- Use a matte red lip colour to add a pop to your beauty look.
- Accentuate the overall look with soft smokey eyes and blend it with brown muted shades with a soft black eyeliner to create an ethereal vibe.
- Define the brows with a dark brow pencil.
- Add mascara to accentuate the lashes.
- Take your hair strength to the next level by cleansing and conditioning your hair with a hydrating shampoo and conditioner.
- Apply a dollop of anti-frizz serum on towel-dried hair to control frizz and add shine at the same time.
- In case your hair texture is fine, use some amount of texturising mousse to make sure the hair doesn’t weigh down.
- Part the hair to an extreme left or right depending on how comfortable you are with the sectioning.
- Tie your hair in a low ponytail using an elastic band.
- Finish by using a hairspray for a texturised matte finish.
03) Michelle Obama:
- To get the morning-fresh face, use strobing to apply the base and primer
- Conceal the problem areas and subtly define your best features.
- Use a nude eyeshadow which matches your skin tone and spread it all over the eyelids.
- Contour the eye area and opt for a black liner. Curl the lashes and use a voluminous mascara to add drama to the eyes.
- Fill in the brows with an eyebrow pencil matching your hair colour.
- Keep the cheeks matte and go with a pale rose colour blush.
- For the lips, choose a baby pink lip gloss.
- Cleanse and condition your mane with a high-shine shampoo and conditioner.
- Next, apply some straightening serum to keep your hair straight, smooth and manageable.
- Blow-dry section by section concentrating more on the ends to make sure you achieve a much bouncy look.
- Spot spray hairspray all over for that extra boost of shine and softness.
Latest in Beauty and fashion:
The Big Binge is a digital content production house dedicated to producing meaningful content that aims to inform, inspire, educate and entertain viewers.