Latest posts by Big Binge Media (see all)
- Home remedies for flawless skin - September 29, 2018
- Trailer launch of ‘Baazaar’ at Bombay Stock Exchange - September 25, 2018
- Indian hockey team shoots for ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ - September 25, 2018
New Delhi: Rosewater is a part of several ingredients and do-it-yourself beauty regimes. Besides being used as a toner, it can also be used in sheet masks and for soothing the eyes. Benefits of rosewater are aplenty, suggest experts.
Shikhee Agrawal, Head Training, The Body Shop India and Sonia Mathur, beauty care expert, Divine Organics, have listed the following benefits of rosewater:
- Layer as a sheet mask: Just patting a cotton ball dipped in rose water will enhance your skin before applying a sheet mask. The rose water intensifies the hydrating benefits of sheet masks and will give a smooth and soft skin.
- Rosewater before make-up: Rose water can be the best in adding shine to your face. Prepare your skin with spritzing rose water onto your skin and then apply make-up. It will soothe your skin and refresh and brighten your skin too.
- Uplifting moisturiser: Do you suffer from perpetual dry skin? Here is the answer. Before using a face moisturiser or a lotion, regularly drench your skin under a rose water cotton pad. After doing this, seal it with the moisturiser and lotion on the damp skin and say bye to flaky skin.
- Soothe your burning eyes: It works as a super relief from burning, red or inflammatory eyes by pouring two to three drops into your eyes and leaving it for 2-3 minutes. Or else place a mildly soaked cotton swab in pure rosewater to soothe, cool and relax your fatigued eyes. Not only this, it a great solution to shoo away any eye infection.
- Skin hydration: During the summer, it is extremely important to keep our skin hydrated. Rose water maintains the PH balance of the skin and thereby keeps it moisturised and nourished. The anti-inflammatory property present in rose helps in reducing the redness and irritation and keeps skin allergies at bay.
- Toning: Rose water acts as a natural toner. The anti-bacterial ingredients present in rose take out all the germs, dirt and dust from the skin that cause acne. It soothes the skin and tightens the pores. Spray rose water on your skin daily in the morning and night for better results.
- Helps relax: Rosewater inhibits anti-depressant properties and promotes relaxation. Adding rose water in the bath will protect, moisturise and alleviate a fresh mind and body.
The Big Binge is a digital content production house dedicated to producing meaningful content that aims to inform, inspire, educate and entertain viewers.