- #ShameOnYuviBhajji trends on Twitter - April 1, 2020
- REVEL IN THE GLORY OF ‘FEMININITY’ THIS WOMEN’S DAY - March 5, 2020
- Filmfare Awards 2020: Gully Boy scores record for most Filmfare wins ever with 13 awards - February 16, 2020
New Delhi: Summer is certainly a wonderful time of the year for scarves to become a wardrobe essential. There is no doubt that this fun accessory can change the look of an outfit in one second. The options are many but just make sure you are teaming it up well. Shreyasi Pathak, a stylist at Vajor and Siddharth Saigal, founder at Wrap Studio demystify how to style scarves to look stylish with scarves in summer.
- Belt it up: If you want to wear a scarf for an out-of-the-box effect, don’t merely wrap it around your neck. Instead, wear a monochromatic outfit, and drape a printed scarf so that both ends fall in the front. You can now belt it around your waist to give your outfit some shape and definition. To complete this look you will need a large scarf, typically rectangular. The scarf should end mid-thigh to just above your knee and have just the print or pattern to make a statement.
- Casual look: Go for lightweight materials in candy colours or bright summery colours. The best thing a casual summer outfit could use is a scarf tied around your messy bun, like a bandana or a boho turban.
- Go for denim: The idea in summers is to keep comfort in check without looking too mundane. To update your basic denim and tee outfits, use a scarf with tassels or fringes for instant texture and lift.
- Pair it with the blazer: If you want a subtle look, go for a smaller scarf in darker shades which will blend with your outfit. Jersey scarfs are the best option to pair with summer blazers because they are available in a variety of solid, patterns, prints and plaids, easy to complete an outfit.
- Scarfs for travelling: A scarf is a great accessory to wear for unpredictable weather. Plaid is a classic pattern and you can buy one in neutral colours (black, brown and beige) so that it can be paired with different outfits. Wrap it around the neck or unwrap it from the neck, extend it and wrap around the shoulders according to the weather. A scarf is very versatile and a handy item to have when travelling.
- Wear a scarf to your office: It is a little tricky to answer how to style scarves for the office. Pair it with trousers, a formal shirt and matching the plaid scarf. The scarf is not an essential piece of the outfit and can be taken off at any point in time. You can also use a white scarf to create a black-and-white outfit and complete this look by adding a pair of heels.
The Big Binge is a digital content production house dedicated to producing meaningful content that aims to inform, inspire, educate and entertain viewers.