Latest posts by Big Binge Media (see all)
- TED Talks that inspire educational innovation - June 10, 2019
- Home remedies for flawless skin - September 29, 2018
- Trailer launch of ‘Baazaar’ at Bombay Stock Exchange - September 25, 2018
If one of the things you planned for this long ‘Republic day weekend’ is a housewarming session with friends and/or family, you must be on the lookout for some recipes that would let you woo your visitors.
In order to help you do just that, here are some Republic day special recipes by Rakshit Sharma, Executive Chef, Hotel The Royal Plaza, New Delhi and Anil Dahiya, Executive Chef, The Bristol, Gurugram.
- Recipes by Rakshit Sharma, Executive Chef, Hotel The Royal Plaza, New Delhi:
1) Tiranga Paneer ka Tikka:
- Cottage cheese block – 300 grams
- Green chilli (chop) – 4 grams
- Ginger (chop) – 2 grams
- Khoya – 12 grams
- Cashew nuts – 12 grams
- Raisin – 3 grams
- Pistachio – 5 grams
- Cheese – 5 grams
- Mint chutney – 20 grams
- Red chilly pest – 20 grams
- Hung curd – 20 grams
- Salt – to taste
- Corn flour – 6 grams
- Cardamom powder – 2 grams
- To make the mouthwatering Paneer Tikkas, cut cottage cheese into small squares
- In the second step, make different hues of the mixture.
- Take a bowl and add khoya, cheese, dry fruits and red chilli paste to give the mixture a bright orange colour.
- Now take another bowl and add a little amount of khoya, cheese, hung curd and dry fruits for the white mixer.
- Take mint chutney, khoya, dry fruits and pistachio for a green mixer.
- Now we have different fillings ready for our Tiranga Paneer Tikka.
- Coat each cottage cheese piece with already prepared different mixtures.
- Make a batter with the help of hung curd, corn flour, cardamom powder, cashew nuts paste and add salt according to taste.
- Apply this batter on cottage cheese and keep it for 20 minutes.
- Cook these tricolour coated tikkas in the tandoor oven.
- Arrange these tikkas on a plate.
- Garnish it with fresh onion rings and serve hot.
2) Trio mousse (Tiranga mousse):
For Orange colour
- Orange puree – 200 grams
- Egg yolk – 2
- Sugar – 60 grams
- Gelatin – 7 grams
- Fresh cream– 300 grams
For white colour
- Egg yolk – 2
- Sugar – 80 grams
- Gelatin – 7grams
- Fresh cream – 250 grams
- White chocolate – 10 grams
For green colour
- Kiwi puree – 150 grams
- Egg yolk – 2
- Sugar– 80 grams
- Gelatin – 5 grams
- Fresh cream – 300 grams
- Amul cream – 150 grams
- Take a pan put the kiwi puree in it for green colour and place the mixture on gas.
- When the mixture gets hot, add egg yolk and sugar in it. Stir the mixture well to give it a mousse-like texture.
- Now slowly beat the fresh cream.
- Add gelatin in cold water, then put it in the mixture.
- Place the mixture on the cake ring. Cool it for 10 to 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Now for white colour, we take white chocolate and repeat the method to make the next layer.
- Repeat the same method for an orange layer with orange puree.
- Arrange all the layers and place it in a glass bowl, now your triangle mousse is ready to serve.
- Recipes by Anil Dahiya, Executive Chef, The Bristol, Gurugram:
1) Kiwi and Orange Cheese Cake:
- Unflavoured Gelatin Powder – 1 tbsp.
- Cream Cheese / Soft Cottage Cheese / Silicon Tofu – 300 grams
- Water – ¾ cup
- Plain Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – ⅓ cup
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Water – 80 grams
- Orange Pulp – ¼ cup
- Kiwi Pulp – 80 grams
- Pre-Made Pie Crusts
- Mix together 1 tbsp. gelatin powder and water in a small bowl.
- In a bowl, take a spoon and stir cream cheese until it softens.
- Put the gelatin mixture in the microwave and heat until it liquefies.
- In a bowl, add yoghurt, sugar, lemon juice, and gelatin into softened cream cheese and blend well.
- Mix one teaspoon gelatin mixture in both fruit pulp separately.
- Pour kiwi pulp mixture into pie crust in cake ring than cream cheese and finally spread orange pulp on top.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours and serve cold.
2) Carrot Asparagus Cheese Pie:
- Roasted Cashew nuts Powder – 400 grams
- Salted White Cheese – 500 grams
- Parmesan Cheese – 150 grams
- Fresh Cream – 50 grams
- Oven Dried Orange Carrot – 300 grams
- Oven Dried Asparagus – 300 grams
- Garlic Butter Bread Crumb – 100 grams
- Garlic – 50 grams
- Leeks – 50
- Oregano – 1 pinch
- Olive oil – 30ml
- Salt n pepper – According to taste
- Heat a pan and stir cashew nuts powder and cheese together until it mix together.
- Once the cheese gets melt, add fresh cream into it and try to keep it warm.
- Lay the Carrot and Asparagus in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes and make the puree.
- Heat a pan add Olive oil, sauté Garlic and leeks add Carrot puree, Parmesan Cheese and seasoning keep warm, same way cook the Asparagus as well.
- Pour the paste, layer by layer without mixing, into an oil-coated tray.
- Sprinkle garlic buttered bread crumbs and spread well and allows it to cool down.
- Once cooled, cut into square or diamond shaped pieces.
- Serve with coffee or drinks.
Latest in food and beverage:
The Big Binge is a digital content production house dedicated to producing meaningful content that aims to inform, inspire, educate and entertain viewers.