Latest posts by Big Binge Media (see all)
- Home remedies for flawless skin - September 29, 2018
- Trailer launch of ‘Baazaar’ at Bombay Stock Exchange - September 25, 2018
- Indian hockey team shoots for ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ - September 25, 2018
For those who just can’t leave the comfort of their home, there still are ways you can prepare the perfect evening for your loved one. After all, what matters more than the destination is the one you travel with.
Chef Rakshit Sharma, Executive Chef at Hotel The Royal Plaza in New Delhi shares some cocktail and dessert recipes so you can add that extra bit of warmth to the evening and make it special at home itself, with just you and your loved one.
1. Adam’s Kiss
White Rum – 120ML, Lime Juice – 20ML, Mint Verte – 20ML lime chunks and mint leaves for popup with soda
Add all the ingredients to a mixing glass and fill with ice. Stir, and strain into a Martini glass. Garnish with lime chunks and mint leaves.
2. Lover’s Ignite
Gin – 60ML, Elderflower – 10ML, Lime juice – 10ML, muddled cucumber top-up with ginger ale.
Add all the ingredients to a mixing glass and fill with ice. Stir, and strain into a chunky tumbler half filled with ice and stir gently. Garnish with muddled cucumber top-up with ginger ale.
3. Strawberry cheese Cake
1. Cream cheese – 160gram
2. Egg yolk – 2
3. Sugar – 60 gram
4. Milk – 120 ML
5. Double cream – 120gram
6. Strawberry – 230gram
1. Beat the cream, cheese and sugar, in a stand mixer, on medium-low speed with the paddle attachment until smooth.
2. Add the vanilla extract and strawberry topping, reserved 3/4 cup of vanilla extract for the top layer.
3. Take another bowl and whip the heavy cream until medium peaks.
4. Tenderly fold the whipped cream into the strawberry cheesecake batter just until it is all combined.
5. Pour the cheesecake into the prepared pan. Tap the pan gently on the counter to bring any air bubbles to the surface. Let it sit in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or until it is set to the touch.
6. Once the cheesecake is set, pour the remaining 3/4 cup strawberry topping over it.
7. Place the cheesecake back into the refrigerator and allow to set, uncovered, for another 30 minutes, or until the topping is set. At this point it is ready to serve or you can cover the cheesecake with plastic and it can sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
8. Before unlocking the spring form pan, run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake to loosen it.
9. Top with the fresh strawberries.
4. Strawberry mouse Cake
1. Strawberry puree – 260grams
2. Egg yolk – 3
3. Sugar – 60 grams
4. Gelatin – 115 grams
5. Cream – 150grams
6. Strawberry – 240grams
1. To prepare the strawberry sauce, cut the strawberries in quarters.
2. Place the strawberries and sugar in a small sauce pan and place over medium heat just until sugar is dissolved. Remove the puree from heat.
3. Pour the gelatin over strawberry puree. Let the strawberry mixture cool in a mould at room temperature while you prepare the rest of the item.
4. Whip the cold whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add the cooled strawberry mixture and mix until well combined.
5. Refrigerate overnight to set before serving. Run a warm knife around the edges of the cake to remove the sides of the pan.
6. Arrange the cake on a plate and decorate with slices of strawberries on the top.
Latest in food and beverage:
The Big Binge is a digital content production house dedicated to producing meaningful content that aims to inform, inspire, educate and entertain viewers.